Above-Ground Poly Tank Installation
Poly Tank Sitting Information
Correct Method for Sitting an Above Ground Poly Tank:
- Your Duraplas tank can be sited on LEVEL STABLE GROUND which has UNIFORM COMPACTION [free of soft spots] with a screeding of approx 75-100mm of sand or metal dust [approx 3mm stone]. The fill must be retained using some form of retaining structure eg [cement strip, rocks or treated pine sleepers etc ].
- Alternatively your Duraplas tank can be sited on a reinforced concrete slab which must be 25mpa [approx 75-100mm thick with F72 mesh] that is level, flat and larger than the base of the tank. Consult an engineer for slab details.
Correct Method for Sitting Tank Half Way in Ground:
- Prepare hole. Ensure that the surrounding soil left in the walls of the hole is solid, leaving a (6-8 inch) 15 – 20 cm gap to allow positioning the tanks, and backfilling with sand or metal dust, stabilized with cement dust.
- If there is major water seepage into the hole from the surrounding soil, the site will not be suitable. Make sure tank site is drained well. Consult your engineer for drainage design.
- A base of 3-4 inches (7-10 cm) of sand or crusher dust must be put in the hole and compacted.
- Tank must be lowered into the hole squarely by crane.
- Tank must then be filled with water above ground height, then back filled with bedding sand or metal dust. Cement stabilize this fill medium.
- It is important that tanks be buried into ground up to ONLY one half of its wall height. (It is also recommended a Molasses grade tank for its extra wall thickness).
- It is recommended that your outlet pick up, from the tank, comes through the tank roof, or alternative plumbing from base outlet is needed.
- If there are 2 x 90mm inlets coming into the tank you will require at least 2 x 90mm overflow pipes.
- Overflow must be piped away from the tank.
- Please be aware Duraplas does not endorse its above ground tanks being buried, any damage incurring to the tank due to its burial will not be warranted, the above information is to be used as a guideline only. Please seek engineer’s advice.
Using a Tank Stand:
- It is recommended that you contact an engineer to ensure that a suitable stand is provided to meet any relevant requirements. Remember every litre of water is 1kg in weight.
Be Sure to NOT Make these Errors:
- Rocky and uneven ground with little or no base preparation.
- Must not have undersized base. The total circumference of the tank must be supported. Ideally, allow the pad to be 100mm wider than the tank.
- Wooden sleepers are generally too uneven and untrue to use for base.
- Don’t use corrugated iron decking as a base.
Important Points When Plumbing Tanks:
- Always ensure that overflow water is plumbed away from the tank. This will reduce site erosion and ensure a sturdy support for the base of your tank. Regularly check the overflow screen and clean when necessary.
2. Underground Tank Installation
- Click here to view underground tank installation diagrams (PDF)
- Underground Water Tank Installation Video.Please use this Video as a reference only complete installation Instructions can be downloaded from the link above.
3. Steel Tank Installation
- Click here to view steel tank installation instructions (opens in new window)(PDF)
"Today I experienced the best customer service I could imagine." — T MarkerHi the tank factory, Today I experienced the best customer service I could imagine . - I needed to arrange people to help with the delivery / installation . - Delivery was made 5 minutes within ETA - The driver assured me, there was no reason to be concerned about what was going to happen . - I had 3 people with me to assist the exercise . - The driver explained how things would happen with safety being paramount . - It happened as he said it would . The 3 people I had to help were a 23 y/0 labour // 45 y/o fireman // 50 y/o sales rep . We all agreed that the driver was somebody that " the tank factory ' should be very proud of as an employee . Congratulations -- he is the face of your business to the client like me . My invoice number was 4574 . Regards,
"I congratulate you and The tank Factory staff not only on the presentation of the tank but the communication and assistance thoughtout" — Ray and LorraineGood Morning Russell, Lorraine and I would like to pass on our thanks and congratulate you and The tank Factory staff not only on the presentation of the tank but the communication and assistance thought out, the colour is brilliant and matches the roof exactly. It was a pleasure to deal with such a firm please pass on our thanks to all concerned including Rod who delivered the tank he is an asset to the company. Although he would have looked better with his NSW cap on I am also from NSW and my mate Peter could not say much as we were 2 against 1 him all in good fun. All this would not have been possible had it not been for you many thanks and all the best for the future. Regards, Ray and Lorraine
"Our tank looks amazing. Great product and excellent service... thank you!" — Sue and SteveHi there, We ordered a 22,700 litre water tank via The Tank Factory and our tank was delivered today by Murray. We would just like to say thank you for the fantastic service we received from Russell at the Tank Factory and from Murray. Murray arrived when he said he would, placed the tank expertly on the pad and all this was done with a wonderful attitude.Our tank looks amazing. Great product and excellent service... thank you! Kind regards, Sue and Steve
"I would have no hesitation in recommending The Tank Factory to my friends and associates based on this experience" — BobJay/Russell, The tanks arrived today and I just wanted to say that the driver who delivered the tanks (Rod) was very good in keeping us informed on delivery time and displayed great customer service with the delivery and discussions about the tanks with both myself and plumber. He certainly is a credit to your company and I would have no hesitation in recommending The Tank Factory to my friends and associates based on this experience. Please forward this email to the Head of your Customer service section. Thanks Bob
"It has been a pleasure doing business with you and I would have no hesitation in recommending you to friends. " — DerekGood morning, We got our tank yesterday morning as promised. Many thanks to Nathan for his guidance and help in getting the tank into the right spot. His attitude and friendliness are a credit to both himself and your company. It has been a pleasure doing business with you and I would have no hesitation in recommending you to friends. Regards, Derek
"We are very happy to see our tanks on site and delivered safely" — Mary KlazemaHi Russell, As discussed on the phone, I just wanted to commend the delivery team who delivered and installed our tanks. Jim and the boys were very professional and are a credit to the Tankworks team (who deliver the steel range of tanks for The Tank Factory). Our property has a steep driveway and Jim manoeuvred the truck so skilfully, his driving skills are outstanding which allowed the tanks to be unloaded with minimal fuss. They worked cooperatively and professionally. Thank you to all, We are very happy to see our tanks on site and delivered safely, From, Mary Klazema
"Your professionalism and service were outstanding throughout the purchase" — Matt MeuryLuke, apologies for not sending this sooner. I would like to THANK yourself and the whole team for all your help organising and delivering my new water tank. Your professionalism and service were outstanding throughout the purchase. I was always kept up to date and nothing was too hard. Well done Luke and the team. I cant speak more highly of Duraplas. Please forward this to John. Regards, Matt Meury
"It is always a pleasure to interface with men of this calibre. Thank you" — Rowley & Clare from Dorrigo, NSWOn 1-Oct, two 5,000 gallon tanks were delivered to our rural property outside Dorrigo. I merely write to compliment you on your delivery team of Bert & Mick who are a credit to your company. Firstly, they kept us informed of their expected arrival time. Secondly, we found them to be top “can do” blokes who skilfully off-loaded both tanks precisely where we wanted them. It is always a pleasure to interface with men of this calibre. Thank you Rowley & Clare, Dorrigo, NSW
— TateHello, Out tanks were delivered this week as planned.. Just wanted to let you know the delivery guy was exceptionally nice and helpful.. Thats on top of the whole ordering process being easy. Please keep doing what you are doing 🙂 Look forward to ordering from you in the future. Regards Tate
"Considering the quality of your product, I believe I received the best available product for a good price" — Alex from Stokers SidingI recently purchased a tank online (Inv 6692) that was delivered by Tweed Tanks last week. This is the 4th Duraplas tank I have purchased. I wish to commend the delivery driver on his prompt & professional service. The experience was positive & exceeded any expectation I had. I would also like to commend you on delivering a quality product. The price was not the cheapest but was extrememly competative & I chose to support a local company. Considering the quality of your product, I believe I received the best available product for a good price. I will continue to recommend & use your products. Regards, Alex from Stokers Siding